AHDB Horticulture is urgently calling for levy payers to put themselves forward to fill the remaining 12 vacancies it requires for its sector panels.
Panel elections close on Wednesday 11 November and representation is still sought for Protected Edibles and Mushrooms, Protected Ornamentals and Bulbs, Field Vegetables, Soft Fruit, Tree Fruit and Hardy Nursery Stock.
The Panels are essential for ensuring the ‘grower voice’ helps to shape and influence the direction and focus of AHDB Horticulture’s research, development and knowledge exchange work. In order for the breadth of the horticulture sector to be represented to its fullest extent the representation required is as follows:
- Legumes (Peas & beans)
- Apiaceae or Umbelliferae (carrots and parsnips)
- Lettuce (+ other salad crops such as celery beneficial)
- Peppers (+ any of tomatoes, cucumbers, aubergines beneficial)
- Tomatoes (+ any of peppers, cucumbers, aubergines beneficial)
- Mushrooms + composting
- Protected cut flowers
- Bedding plants (pack and pot grown)
- General soft fruit production
- General soft fruit production & propagation
- Culinary Apples
To find out how to nominate and the eligibility criteria, please click here.