- Chris Need, Roundstone Nurseries
- Fay Richardson , Coletta & Tyson
- Mike Smith, WD Smith & Son AHDB
Horticulture Cost: £34,716
Aims and Objective:
The aims and objectives of this work are:
- To further investigate the role of selected environmental factors on the incidence of PaMS.
- To monitor nursery environment (humidity, temperature, light and growing media moisture) within commercial bedding plant production systems and, using regression analysis approaches, elucidate any statistically robust causal relationships between the incidence of PaMS and environment.
Benefits to Industry:
This project will identify the causal environmental factors which are key to the incidence of PaMS. Identifying the trigger for PaMS will enable growers to amend their production systems to reduce incidence of the syndrome, reducing plant waste and improving nursery efficiency and therefore profit.